Friday, November 18, 2011

We Went Swimming - July 7, 1993

Day: Wednesday  Date: 7-7-93 
Hello. Today at the Boys and Girls Club we went swimming. Gerald made the people who didn't swim read some big boring books. This morning Gerald and me just drove around. I changed gears. It was fun. I hope he takes me someplace tomorrow. We're going skating tomorrow. Tonight's meeting was at Tom's house then to ours. We fired Veronica and we're giving Patricia a notice that she needs to pay some dues. My arm is hurting! BYE!
C-YA!
Audra S
age 11 10 months
22 days


10:56.14
going in 7th grade
at Bridger Jr. High school.

The car Gerald and I drove around in was his girlfriend's white Dodge Neon. Prior to my outings with Gerald, I didn't have much exposure to a manual transmission, so changing gears was a big deal. Gerald was such a good teacher. Not only was he teaching me to drive a stick at age 12, he made me read a big boring book while I did not to swim. We swam at the indoor pool at Bridger, my future junior high school. The smell of chlorine was overwhelming, so I spent as much time as possible standing by the vending machines in a hall that was outside of the pool area.

We took our Chucky's World Club seriously. Firing people and demanding dues be paid? This was a business venture, people. Not fun and games.

I love this song even though I don't love swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment