Sunday, November 6, 2011

I Got A Super Soaker M.D.S. Tonight - May 5, 1993

Day: Wednesday  Date: 5/5/93
Hi! [That girl I wrote a horrible letter to] seems to really want to be my friend. Last night we went to the 90 years of Pride Celebration for T.H. Benton. I ♥ ****. Tomorrow morning I have to run the 400 meter. My leg hurts. Mom says I've pulled a muscle. I got a Super Soaker M.D.S. tonight. I don't know what I'm going to do for Mother's day. I might ask [a girl in my class] to ask **** if he would go with me. I can't wait till we go to Worlds of Fun! It's 10:30! I better go to bed! Bye!! 
Audra S
age 11
6th grade

Oh yeah! I loved that Super Soaker Multidirectional Spray (mds). You could twist a thing on the front so that it would spray to the side. The idea was you could trick your enemies into thinking you were going to shoot somebody in front of you when really you were going to shoot them as they tried to sneak up on the side. We had a lot of water gun wars in my neighborhood. My brother and I amassed quite an arsenal in our basement. One of our friends had that giant Super Soaker with the backpack water canisters. The spray felt like a fire hose. It was so heavy and awkward to use, though. I much preferred the smaller, lighter super soakers even if it meant I needed to refill more often. And of course we had buckets filled with those water balloons that looked like grenades. I was never effective with those. Inevitably, somebody would just start dumping buckets of water on people or spraying a garden hose.

My new weapon.

My favorite. Had a couple.

The most ridiculous water gun of my generation.

Water balloon grenades.
Cheater.

No comments:

Post a Comment