Saturday, November 12, 2011

They Got Tested To See If They Was Pregnant - May 24, 1993

Day: Monday  Date: 5/24/93
Today we had our track meet. I came in first in my heat. I don't know how I did overall. Matt and I kicked ass. On the first turn both of us got the lead and kept it! I think they're gonna tell us the results at lunch tomorrow. Oh yea, I saw Greg (whatever his last name is) and [a girl who used to go to our school a couple years ago] at the track meet today. I can't beleive that [girl a] and [girl b] got tested to see if they was pregnant. Well I'm stopping!
See ya!
Audra S
age 11

It was between the track meet and the pregnancy tests for the title of this post. Sorry, track meet, but pregnancy tests will win every time. However, I'll speak to the track meet first.

I loved pretty much all sports as a kid, but I especially enjoyed running. Running as fast as you could and leaving everybody in your dust was such a great feeling. It's an individual effort, and that had great appeal to me. Most kids hated having to run the mile in gym class, but I loved it. We had to drop poker chips in a bucket to keep track of how many laps we did around the playground. This track meet was held at an actual track, so, no poker chips. Real lanes!

Ok, pregnancy test time. It's really hard to believe that this was actually happening in SIXTH GRADE! The thought of little kids having sex is...frightening and sad. I'm so thankful I didn't do that.  I am, however, disappointed in my poor grammar.

You shouldn't be worrying about this in 6th grade.

Let's try for a personal best today!

4 comments:

  1. No mention of **** in this one. What up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. That's pretty amazing. Maybe he was suspended from school or something. "Out of sight, out of mind" seemed to apply to my infatuation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At my elementary school we had a girl working on growing baby #2 by sixth grade; she became pregnant with the first one during the summer following fourth grade. I went to one of better off schools; the administration allowed her to go until she bulged but only if she was accompanied by a para. She was not allowed to speak with anyone at anytime. Her silenced caused rumors to run rampant. The school administration was worried about tainting the rest of our impressionable minds. Looking back as an adult, I see a scared young child who was probably a victim of some sort. Sad business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That is...incredibly sad. I hope life turned out okay for her and those babies. :(

    ReplyDelete