Sunday, October 9, 2011

He Had On 2 Silver Bracelets - April 13, 1992

Day: April 13, 1992 Mon.  Date:   


Today nothing really happened. One thing I noticed in gym was when we were playing Doctor Dodge, **** had tons of chances to get me out, but he didn't. He got everyone else out though. I also noticed that **** had on 2 of those silver bracelets that have your name on them. I wonder what they say? I hope the next time **** has to go to another class, I get to take him. Then I could ask him if he would go with me. That's all folks!


Audra S age 10 5th grade

Doctor Dodge was the flavor of dodge ball we played at Thomas Hart Benton. It was a ton of fun.

The boy I liked wore not one, but two, silver bracelets on his arm. One probably had his name on it and the other was engraved with "Duke" (his favorite basketball team) or "____" (a girl he was 'going out with') or "I.S.S." (since he was in trouble all the time).

Maybe it said, "Sexy"

4 comments:

  1. How is Doctor Dodge different from normal dodgeball?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get out (by being hit or a member of the opposite team caught a ball you threw), you sit down at the spot of the out. One of your team doctors (kid wearing a jersey) can run out to you, grab your hand and run you back to the hospital (area at the back of your team's side of the gym marked with cones) and then you're back in the game. If a doctor gets hit, they have to take off the jersey and no longer possess their healing powers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So would you just get the opposing doctors out first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not usually in practice because they would hang back until their teammates needed saving. I can remember serving as, and being protected by, a human shield when the team was down to one doctor and there were teammates needing to be saved. But yeah, getting rid of the doctors was key.

    ReplyDelete