Saturday, October 15, 2011

He Asked Me To Go With Him - April 24, 1992

Day: April 24, 1992  Date:    


Today something very very exciting happened! **** asked me to go with him. I bet you know what I said. I said yes of course! Now the whole 5th grade I'm going with ****. Today ____ called me 4 times. She bugged me then she called **** and bugged him. Oh ya, **** asked me during math. Well **** called me and so did ____. **** and I talked for a long time and I also found out that **** talked about me alot. Here are some things I love about ****: 1 He's cute, 2 nice, 3 cool, 4 funny, 5 excelent personalyty, 6 he likes me, 7 I like him, 8 excelent sense of humor, 9 he's neat, 10 he doesn't ever put me down, 11 he likes me for what i am, 12 he wouldn't mind kissing me. I can't think of anything right now. I'll have more to say later.


Audra S age 10
5th grade

OMG! He actually asked me out?! During math?! I said yes, of course, and promptly made a list of things I love about him. I like numbers 10, 11 and 12 the best. Maybe there's hope for this relationship after all. But wait. This is extremely foreign territory for her. People calling her on the phone. Going out with someone. Not being able to think of anything more to write. I hope she can deal with all this newness.

Spoiler alert: This would be the only time Audra was asked out during her elementary through high school career (unless you count this). And then in college, only one dude ever asked me out. But he was way too into his (shitty) band and (shitty) art and (shitty) drugs for my taste. My husband never really asked me out, but he did ask me to marry him. So that's cool. Oh, but don't think we met one day and he immediately proposed. Or that I was a mail order bride or something. We've been in each others' lives for almost ten years now, so there was some stuff in between. Too bad I didn't continue this diary into adulthood!

Back to 1992. Well, 1993. This song wouldn't come out for another year after this diary entry, but picture little Audra and **** slow dancing to this song for ever and ever.

1 comment: