Monday, September 26, 2011

When I Walked In His Face Lit Up - March 8, 1992

Day: March 8, 1992  Date: Sun.


I remember on Friday when I walked in the classroom. **** was already there. He had a sad epression on his face. When I walked in his face lit up. Friday was also the day of the Spelling Bee. Benton won. The score was 22 - 23! It was a miracle that we won! Everybody who was in it got a trophy. I was so happy. **** didn't get to see it. I love ****! I hope he likes me. I think he does!


March 8, 1992
Audra S.
5th grade age 10

Wow. How charming I must have been to make somebody's face light right up like that! And a competitive speller, too?! I was the total package. But would **** ever notice?

Audra in 1992 with a Spelling Bee trophy. And a cowboy hat.

6 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA! I want to know who **** was! Message me privately. I also added you to my blog roll thingie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not ready to reveal his identity...yet. Maybe if I can track him down and get his permission. haha. And thanks for the add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember any of the words in the spelling bee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's see...there were two different spelling bees that year. I remember the words that I couldn't spell correctly. "Monorail" did me in in the Thomas Hart Benton bee and "phonetic" stumped me in the Tournament of Champions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Lovable" did me in at my 4th grade spelling bee.

    ReplyDelete