Tuesday, October 11, 2011

He Would Stand Up For Me - April 15, 1992

Day: April 15, 1992, WED.  Date:    


There is one thing I really like **** for. He would stand up for me. He does it now. For instance, if somebody was going to beat me up, they would have to fight ****. In capture the flag, **** and I talked. I almost had the flag. I was right by the boundary. But somebody got my flag thing. I'm beginning to think **** only likes me as a friend. That sucks.


Audra S age 10 5th grade

A couple of things jump out:
  1. Were people threatening to beat me up? Why would I say something like that? Maybe I was just hoping for an opportunity to watch **** kick somebody's ass on my behalf. I have already written about how "exciting" it is to watch somebody get beat up.
  2. You're "beginning" to think he only likes you as a friend? What makes you think that? The fact that he's asked out practically every other girl in your class? Get a clue!
  3. This diary is mostly about my pathetic crush on a boy. I like him, but does he like me? That's the question that gets asked on nearly every page. But it has also served as a description of my gym class and recess activities. Little Audra liked playing games! Capture the flag was one of the best. 
I wish we had played for a championship belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment