Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Got A Hash Brown - July 6, 1993

Day: Tuesday  Date: 7-6-93
Hello. Today Gerald took me to McDonalds. I got a hash brown. It's raining right now (10:32 PM). We went bowling today with the club. Even though I suck at bowling I had a good time. We had our first Chucky's Club meeting today. I'm the treasurer. Robbie's the president, Charles is the secretary and president's assistant, Tom and Patty are vice presidents and Kerry and Veronica are errand runners and advertisers. Tomorrow we're supposed to have another meeting but I don't know where!! Tomorrow at the club we're going swimming wich I am not. 
Audios!
Audra S age 11 10 months 23 days
going into 7th grade 
Bridger Jr. High school
10:41.28
[I drew a weird face at the bottom with a speech bubble that says "C-YA!"]
There's some more preferential treatment. Instead of eating the breakfast served at the Boys and Girls Club, Gerald took me to McDonald's. Why? Because of my sparkling personality, duh. Actually, I don't really know. He was in his 20s and (I assume) on a career path to manage a community center such as the Boys and Girls Club. I was almost 12, going into 7th grade. We became best buds for some reason. He brought his Super Nintendo to the club so we could play Mario Kart. This is how I earned the nickname, "Toad." I would always race as that character.

Toad, Princess, Luigi, Mario

Here's the card Gerald made for me at the end of the summer. Note the lovely clip art and the dot matrix printing. I wonder if I wrote Gerald a thank you note? If so, do you think he still has it? Gerald, if perchance you read this, let me know.

Front and inside.
Looks like Chucky's Club is fully staffed--including advertisers. I'm 100% certain we never bought ad space in any publication. Perhaps we drew some signs or printed flyers and stuck them to telephone poles. I'm also 100% certain we never sold ad space in our comics to local businesses. Perhaps we told some unassuming kid in the neighborhood we would incorporate his or her likeness into the comic for a low fee of $5.00. 

No comments:

Post a Comment