Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The 4th Of July Was Stupid - July 5, 1993

Day: Monday  Date: 7-5-93
Damn! I haven't written in you in a long time. Alot's happend since then. I won the 400 meter in the track meet. School's out. I'm going to the Boys and Girl club for the summer. I've had strep throat too. We Saw Jurassic Park today. It was cool! [my youngest cousin] went with us too because she spent last night with us. They moved the basket ball court up to the old tennis court. Robbie, Tom, Patty, Charles, Kerry and me are in a club. It's called Chucky's World club. Robbie draws these comics and we sell them. It's a cool club and I'm not going to get into detail though. Gerald a guy at the Boys and Girls club takes me to Town and Country to play video games. I hope he takes me tomorrow.
The 4th of July was stupid. We sat in the grass watching fire works for 15 min. cause thats how long the show display was. The show display was worthless to top it all off it rained! Oh yea! [my oldest cousin] had her baby. It's a boy. [first name] [middle name] [last name]. He's adorable. But he cries all the time it makes me sick. I'm gonna stop. Bye! 
Audra
S
age 11            11:01.47
going into
7th grade
[and then I drew a weird face on the bottom of the page]

I found a stack of the comics Robbie drew. Guess we didn't sell that many. Haha. Forgive me for not scanning them in, but I don't want to track Robbie down to get his permission. Chucky was a mouse. He did stuff. The end.

I loved Gerald from the Boy's and Girl's Club. I can't lie; I enjoyed the preferential treatment. Who wouldn't want to hang out at a gas station (Town and Country) at 7:30 a.m. and play arcade games with an adult when the alternative is being stuck at the club doing boring stuff with your peers?  Grown ups can drive. And bankroll your fun. And are generally more interesting than 11-year-olds. That's how I saw it.

I was pretty critical of that 4th of July show display. It must have really sucked. Or maybe I was just starting to realize that if you've seen one fireworks show display, you've seen them all.

My cousin had her baby the same night I was supposed to see "Benny and Joon." I think we got a call about her going into labor right as we were leaving the house which made us late to the movie. I was pissed. Thank god we eventually got the movie on VHS, enabling me to finally see the first fifteen minutes that this child's birth forced me to miss. But don't worry [first name] [middle name] [last name]. I always have and always will love you, even though your infant cries sickened me.

Speaking of movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment