Thursday, October 6, 2011

I Scored 6 Points In A Row In Volleyball - April 8, 1992

Day: April 8, 1992 WED.  Date:   


Today in P.E. I scored 6 points in a row in volleyball. The thing I can't wait for is on Friday. We have the assembly thing and if **** sits by me, I think that means he likes me. Today and yesterday he's been staring at me longer than usual. Also, today I noticed that **** got to the same number if I was the 6th girl he'd be the 6th boy. If I was the 2nd he'd be second. I'll be crushed if he doesn't sit by me on Friday. I gave the 4 square team to ____ today. That's it. Audra S age 10, 5th grade

Not that you could tell by reading this diary, but four square was a big part of my elementary school life. Obviously, I loved volleyball, too, but that was only played in gym class. Four square was my game at recess. You might be wondering how you have a team in four square. It's not a team sport, but three other kids and myself formed an alliance. We would play really hard to get all four of us in the game and then we'd hit the ball really gently to each other for the remainder of recess to prevent any other kids from getting a chance to play. On our playground, overhand was outlawed. It was all underhand, all the time. The server could choose to allow bus stops, bubbles, shoe shiners and a host of other four square moves. If you're reading this and have no idea what I'm talking about, all I can say is I'm sorry. You missed out on a great game. I must have been some kind of four square royalty since I was in the position to "give" the team to someone.

Four square: world's greatest playground game

No comments:

Post a Comment