Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Took A Few Weeks Off From Journaling

Christmas, New Year's Eve and MLK Day came and went undocumented in the Snoopy diary. What a pity. I'm sure I needed the break, though. Journaling is hard work.

Fortunately, I was able to find a couple of photos from this lost period.
Christmas 1991. I got a book!

MLK Day 1992.



































As much as I'd like to say that my family got together to celebrate the civil rights movement and Dr. King's life and legacy, I have a suspicion that we were all gathered at my aunt's house to just celebrate all the January birthdays.

BUT...I did learn a really catchy MLK song when I was in first grade. Maybe we sang it on January 20, 1992. According to this website, it's called "Dr. King Was a Leader" and goes like this:
Dr. King, Dr. King, Dr. King was a civil rights leader
Dr. King Dr. King he had a dream
(children take each others hands and sway back and forth)

He wanted everybody to love one another
He wanted everybody to love one another
He wanted everybody to love one another that was his dream (clapping hands)
Dr. King, Dr. King Dr. King was a civil rights leader
Dr. King Dr. King he had a dream!
I still sing this song. While clapping and swaying. Ask my husband.

2 comments: