Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Poem By Audra - March 20, 1992

No more diary entries, but I hope this bonus material will help ease your pain.

My aunt was over at my grandma's house and found a poem I wrote March 20, 1992. It's called "I Wonder"
The original

I wonder why people die,
I wonder why people lie.
I wonder why cats meow,
I wonder why food's called chow.


I wonder why I was born,
I wonder why goats have horns.
I wonder why kids like pets,
I wonder why we make horse bets.


I wonder why the sky is blue
I wonder why moms make stew.
I wonder why dogs bark
I wonder why the night is dark


I'm not afraid of thunder,
I'm not afraid to talk,
It's just I like to wonder,
why people have to walk.


By Audra S age 10 March 20, 1992


This doesn't appear to be an assignment, as there is no grade on it and I signed my name at the bottom (not the top). But I'm not sure it was a totally spontaneous expression of my thoughts. Maybe my grandma commissioned a poem? By the way, who in my life was making horse bets? No one. Where did that come from? I wonder...

My poetry skills never really improved much. I still like a simple rhyme scheme. Animals are often mentioned, despite not being that fond of animals. I'm still lazy and don't care if a line, stanza, or entire poem makes much sense or not. It's my poem. You can't tell me what to do.

But wait. That's not all!

This song is dedicated to little Audra:



It was fun collaborating with my 10-year-old self.

Click here to hear more of my shitty poems set to music. (Note: These songs have nothing to do with this diary and were written by me as an adult. Sad but true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment