Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bridging The Gap - Part 1

The last diary entry I posted on the blog is dated July 11, 1992. Little Audra didn't write again until March 2, 1993. Eight months of life not documented in the Snoopy diary. I know you're crushed. Here are some photos to help bridge the gap.

July 1992. We return to Kansas City after visiting our father in Phoenix for a few weeks.

Our arrival at the KC airport.

Our "Welcome Home" cake.

Some "Welcome Home" goodies on my bed.

Apparently my brother and I coordinated outfits so we wouldn't lose each other on the plane or in the airport. Ha. I don't think that's true, but I do think it's funny that we match. Too bad he wasn't into jean shorts like I was. Please take as much time as you need to digest all the glory of my childhood bedroom.

August 1992. Transitioning back to regular life and hanging out with my extended family.

Having way too much fun at our grandma's house.
We sang our hearts out. With only one microphone.

Slumber party with the cousins. Sweet 90210 nightgown.


My birthday at the end of August 1992. I turned 11. Sadly, I didn't invite any boys.


Some of my guests.
Simpsons candles!

The Worlds of Fun birthday crew.

I remember the two friends I invited (girl standing next to me and girl squatting in front) didn't get along very well. It kind of made the night not so much fun for me, which partly explains my facial expression.

The diary entries will resume shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment